Tuesday, June 7, 2016

For no one but me

I'm so out of sync with this writing thing. I just hope I can write something interesting and impactful.
I'm at a crossroads in my life, in a couple of months- my contract for work finishes and I'm not sure whether I will get a permanent job.

There was actually a permanent job available, the deadline to apply was yesterday. I'm just not sure if it's for me. This corporate world, with an intense boss, a lot of pressure. Makes me want to move to the Maldives and start a  beach bar. Tempting.

Is the corporate world for me? What will it mean in the end if I have a fancy title and lots of cash. Lifestyle vs money.

I think increasingly about starting my own business, writing, teaching. I've always wanted to have my own business. That's for sure.

I have to share with you the time that I was desperate to make money, and I went around the neighborhood doing french manicures. I made R200  and that was in 2002(if I remember correctly)

So today, after an extensive period of procrastinating, I decided to write. Writing just sets my soul free. To just get it all down- puts things in perspective.

So- going back to  writing specifically- Travel writing. It's something that I feel is amazing. I would love to be able to combine two things that I love. And, with Travel writing- it would be creative writing.

I really want to live in a different country for a while.

I think I need to explore that option. I want to do so many things, while I am still young. I mean the other thing that I would really like to do is to learn a different language.

So to summarize:


  • Live in a different country
  • Learn a different language
  • Do travel writing
  • Have my own business perhaps connected to writing
  • Desperately want to own my own house
  • Have my own car
  • And most importantly- TRAVEL THE WORLD!